You’ll notice from the photos we held class in a different room last week. Unfortunately there was little snafu with the room reservation and we were forced to move next door just as we were about to begin class. Fortunately the students took it all in stride and even though is was a little cramped we made the best of it.
Silver Spring Sewing Society made skirts last week. We used Simplicity 3796 which is a little more intricate than patterns we have used in the past. This pattern challenged the students to push their sewing skills bit further. In addition, the skirt has a pretty cool design in the back and a mock fly zipper in the front.
Although we ended up having to switch rooms we made the new space work and many of the students got at least half way through the project.
We reconvened on Wednesday night for a special sewing session to complete the skirts and I’m awaiting photos of finished skirts to post to the blog in the coming weeks.
Photos from Wednesday night of almost complete skirts. Hems and elastic needed