2011 National Sewing Month
Sew for the Love of It!
I don’t know about you but I ❤ sewing and I’m SEW stoked about National Sewing Month. Silver Spring Sewing Sisters will be working on weekly events and activities for the month of September. One of them being the National Contest. Some members of Silver Spring Sewing Sisters will be participating in the National Sewing Contest. Pics will come later next month. I urge everyone to enter this contest.
Show us what YOU love to sew! You choose the project, whether it’s an article of clothing, a toy, something for your home, an accessory, a quilt, or even an item for your car or boat. Whatever you decide to create, show your love with a somewhere on the project. It can be heart fabric, a pillow shaped like a heart, heart embroidery, heart-shaped pockets – it’s completely up to you. The item you enter must be hand-crafted and utilize fabric, thread and sewing machine. Whatever you choose to sew, just make sure we see the expression of your love of sewing
Submissions will be accepted beginning August 10, 2011
Contest runs through September 30, 2011
- Submissions must be made online at http://www.NationalSewingMonth.org by midnight (Eastern) on September 30, 2011
- One entry per person
- Maximum two photographs per entry. Photos must be in jpg format
- Project must include a description of materials and techniques (machine sewing, embroidery, etc) used to create the project
- Entries may be multi-piece, as long as they are coordinated and are intended to be used together
- Winners will be chosen by a panel of judges
- By submitting your information and photos, you are granting permission to show your photos online and to publish your name and project information with the photos. No other identifying information will be published and your contact information will not be distributed to any other party without permission
- Winners will be notified by October 31, 2011 and announced on November 1, 2011
- We’re sorry, but due to international contest restrictions, contest is open to US residents only
- Prizes will be announced in July.